Southwestern Fruit Salad
Jicama (pronounced “hick-a-ma”) is a root vegetable that looks similar to a turnip. Jicama is a good source of fiber and its crunchy texture works well in salads.
Knives and cutting board
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups julienne-cut peeled jicama
- 1 medium red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a wire whisk. Add remaining ingredients; toss gently to coat.
submitted by Katherine Figel