Come And Reason Ministries is dedicated to helping you learn to discern, to stimulate you to think, to help hone and refine your reasoning powers, and to increase your ability to know right from wrong and healthy from unhealthy. We’re not here to tell you what to think, but to show you how to more efficiently use your God-given reasoning power to better grow in grace and bring your personal walk with God closer.
Come and Reason Ministries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2010 and located in Collegedale, Tennessee, USA. We focus on making God’s methods and principles practical, understandable, and applicable to you here and now and are dedicated to helping you learn to discern, to teach you how to think for yourself, to hone and refine your reasoning powers in order to increase your ability to know right from wrong and healthy from unhealthy.
Please use our contact form to contact Come And Reason Ministries:
- to suggest a blog topic
- to ask a question not answered in our blogs, vlogs, podcasts, articles, and other forms of media
- or to comment on anything presented on this website
To request Dr. Jennings come speak to your church or organization, please include the following information when writing:
- type of event (ie. church, conference, workshop)
- the specific dates you’d like to reserve
- your location (city, state and country)
- and contact information (your name and phone number)
We work with God to help bring truth, love, and healing to all who are seeking to know and understand their Creator and therefore accept the Bible as authoritative and believe, rightly understood, that Scripture and Science harmonize perfectly. To that end we actively seek to present an integrated, evidence-based understanding of Scripture, Science, and Experience for the purpose of helping you develop your full potential and to experience healing of mind, character, and relationships.
We believe that every human being is created in the image of God with their own unique identity and the capacity to think and to act and that humanity has been infected with a destructive element that undermines health and happiness, causing us to suffer from sickness and disease of both body and mind, preventing us from experiencing the fullness of physical and mental health that is within our capacity to achieve.
Our Board of Directors
Timothy R. Jennings, M.D. – President:
Dr. Jennings obtained his M.D. degree in 1990 from the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis. He completed his psychiatric residency at D.D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center in Augusta, Georgia. During his distinguished military career, Dr. Jennings served as the Division Psychiatrist for the 24th and 3rd Infantry Divisions and as Chief of Psychiatry at Winn Army Hospital in Fort Stewart, Georgia. After completing his military service, he spent 25 years in private practice and then, in 2022, became the Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health at Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Lynchburg, Virginia.
Dr. Jennings is board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, a master psychopharmacologist certified by the Neuroscience Education Institute, a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, a Fellow of the Southern Psychiatric Association, and licensed to practice medicine in Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia.
Dr. Jennings also served as president of the Tennessee and Southern Psychiatric Associations and is a member of the American Medical Association, American Psychiatric Association, Southern Psychiatric Association, and American Association of Christian Counselors. He is also the founder and president of Come and Reason Ministries, a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry based in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Dr. Jennings has spent decades studying and integrating God’s principles for healing the mind and modern brain science and has authored many books, including Could It Be This Simple? A Biblical Model for Healing the Mind; The God-Shaped Brain: How Changing Your View of God Transforms Your Life; The God-Shaped Heart: How Correctly Understanding God’s Love Transforms Us; The Aging Brain: Proven Steps to Prevent Dementia and Sharpen Your Mind; The Remedy New Testament;and The Remedy of the Lord in Song: The Psalms.
Chip Liles – Treasurer:
Former Treasurer of Come And Reason Ministries. Holds a Bachelors in Business Administration – Financial Services from Southern Adventist University, Collegedale, TN. Worked as an Accountant and then Controller at Collegedale Credit Union, Collegedale, TN, but is now a stay-at-home mom raising two children. She volunteers as our webcast team graphics/streaming technician.
Linda Ojala – Secretary:
A retired nurse, specializing in insurance case management. She also is a gifted substitute Come And Reason Bible Study Class presenter.
Christie Jennings :
Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Management and works as a practice administrator. She volunteers as our webcast team technical director (video switcher).
Dean A. Scott – Creative Director, Media Production Director, and Webmaster:
Holds a Master of Fine Art in 3D Computer Art, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA and currently works for Astec Industries, Chattanooga, TN in the Marketing department as their senior 3D Animation and Graphic Design Illustrator. Previously was an associate professor at Southern Adventist University in the School of Visual Art and Design, Collegedale, TN, from 2000 to 2010. He the webcast team’s director/camera operator, audio engineer, equipment repair guy, and graphics/streaming technician.
Russell L. Atkins:
Owner / President of 101 Physical Therapy, Inc., Ooltewah, TN. Substitute presenter for our weekly bible study class and volunteer webcast team member who operates our audience shotgun microphone.
Employed full-time in the IT department of a large corporation. She is also a gifted substitute Come And Reason Bible Study Class presenter. She volunteers as our webcast team graphics/streaming technician.
Dr. Karin Kovi:
Statement of Faith
The ministry of Come And Reason is dedicated to working with God to help bring truth, love, and healing to God’s children everywhere, so that each person can experience healing of mind and character.
We believe that every human being is created in the image of God with their own unique identity and the capacity to think and to act. However, humanity has been infected with a destructive element that undermines health and happiness such that they do not experience the fullness of physical and mental health that is within their capacity to achieve.
To this end we present our general statement of faith and challenge you to take some time to write out your own statement of faith as well.
We believe. . .
- the Bible, as the inspired word of God, is a reliable and faithful revelation of God and His plan to heal and restore mankind from sin.
- God is love (1John 4:8). His character of love is the foundation of His government and the law of love is the principle upon which all life in the universe is designed to operate. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit exist in the plurality of perfect outward moving, other-centered giving, beneficence and love. The health and happiness of all creation is dependent upon harmony with God’s law of love.
- sin at its core is selfishness, the very opposite of God’s character of love.
- sin originated with satan and mankind believed satan’s lies about God and rebelled against God and His law of love. Thus mankind became sinful/selfish and destined to die unless salvaged by God’s restoring grace.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Jesus, Himself being fully God, is the exact representation of the Father, the member of the Godhead through whom all things were made and equal in majesty, authority and divinity with the Father (John 14:9-11, Heb 1:1-3, Col 1:16).
- Jesus humbled Himself to be born of a virgin joining His divinity with our humanity in order to reach sinful man with God’s saving love and grace.
- He was tempted in every way just like we are yet lived a perfect sinless life and freely surrendered Himself to death triumphing over evil and sin (Heb 4:15).
- Christ rose from the dead and is in heaven directing all the agencies of heaven for our eternal salvation and the final defeat of evil forces.
- every person saved is saved only through Jesus Christ and His victory for mankind.
- the Holy Spirit is Christ’s representative on earth administering all the benefits achieved by Christ to those who trust in God.
- Christ will come again, literally, visibly, with His angels to bring His people to Himself, put a final end to sin and sinners and restore this universe back into the eternal harmony of love.
- in a literal, physical new heaven and new earth the home of the righteous.
- in a literal, physical resurrection from the dead where those who died in a saving relationship with Christ along with the saved who are alive when He comes will exchange this sick, disease ridden body for a perfect, eternal body no longer subject to pain, suffering and death.
- that the time for Christ to come and redeem His saints is imminent.
- Lies believed breaks love and trust (sin).
- Broken love and trust causes fear and selfishness.
- Fear and selfishness causes destructive behaviors and acts of self-preservation (sins).
- Acts of self-preservation cause guilt, shame, and damage to character, mind, and body,
a TERMINAL condition by its very nature.
- Truth believed restores love and trust (design).
- Restored love and trust expels fear and selfishness.
- Lack of fear and selfishness results in healthy behaviors and acts of other-centered giving and service (righteousness).
- Other-centered giving, service, and love results in maturing and perfecting of character, and healing of mind and body,
a LIFE-SUSTAINING condition by its very nature.
The two antagonistic principles at war in this universe are:
- “I love you so much that I will do everything in my power to promote and help you get ahead, including die so that you can live.”
- “I love myself so much that I will do anything in my power to promote and help me get ahead, including kill you so I can live.”
All downloadable materials and files on our website are freely reproducible with the following restrictions:
- Unlimited distribution and replication is allowed using only the original, unaltered, unedited files.
- Materials and files may not be sold for personal or commercial profit.
- Credit in the form of “Courtesy Come And Reason Ministries” is clearly printed on distribution media (CD label, etc.)
Dr. Jennings is an international speaker, a graduate of CLASServices speaker’s training, and is noted for making complex issues easy to understand, using dynamic, engaging presentations filled with moving, real life stories, practical Biblical wisdom, and powerful life changing insights. Below is a list of topics Dr. Jennings has presented.
|For non-medical professionals:
|For medical professionals: