Finally! Blueberry season is here! (May through October) Whenever I’m asked to bring dessert, I take special pleasure in preparing and sharing this one. Everyone loves it, wants to know how to make it and they’re amazed when I tell them there are only 4 ingredients! (I never add in the honey, it’s sweet enough without it.) At home, I usually prepare this the night before and serve it for breakfast. Yes! Blueberry Pie for breakfast and it’s good for you!
2 cups almonds
½ cup dates, pitted and soaked to soften – about 15 minutes
5 cups blueberries
1 Tbsp honey (optional)
- In a food processor, grind almonds until fine.
- Add the dates and process until smooth.
- Remove from processor and pat into pie plate.
- In the food processor, combine 4 cups of blueberries, 2 bananas, and the honey. Blend until smooth.
- Remove from food processor and add remaining cup of whole blueberries.
- Pour into the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. The pie will solidify after a few hours in the fridge.
from “Living on Live Food” by Alissa Cohen