Prepare! The King of the North Is Coming
In August 2020, I wrote a blog called King of the North Versus South and Today’s End-Time Events in which I unpacked the long prophecy of Daniel chapter eleven.
In that blog, I identified the King of the South as being Satan’s forces through history that advance godlessness, symbolically and prophetically represented by Egypt with Pharaoh arrogantly proclaiming, “Who is God that I should obey him?” (Exodus 5:2). Satan’s King of the South forces today include those agencies built upon godless evolutionism, humanism, and communism—generally speaking, the political left/liberals who use the state to advance their godless dogmas (morals).
The King of the North represents Satan’s opposing force, religious imperialism, those agencies who accept the Creator God of the Bible, the God of Abraham, but who also use the power of the state to enforce their dogmas upon others—generally speaking, the political right/conservatives. In Scripture, these forces are symbolically and prophetically represented by Babylon and Rome, both of whom accepted God but who used the state to enforce their dogmas (Daniel 3:29).
Both the King of the North and the King of the South are Satan’s agencies because both are founded on his principles (power over others, control, survival, selfishness, etc.) and use his methods (lies, imposed laws, coercion, force, etc.). Satan pits these two systems against each other in order to divide humanity, incite conflict, deceive minds, corrupt characters, and draw the people of God into choosing one side or the other, because in doing so, they align themselves with God’s enemy and eventually accept Satan’s principles and practice his methods.
As we shall see, the temptation to align with one of these two sides will be so powerful that all but the very elect will choose to join one of these two Satanic forces.
The Glorious Land
In the prophecy of Daniel eleven, the people of God are represented by the “glorious land,” over which these two satanic-inspired forces are in constant conflict. In the larger reality, Satan is not fighting merely to obtain a piece of real estate; he is battling to corrupt every single human heart and mind. He is orchestrating events in the world today to get the saints—the glorious people (the glorious land), those who give glory to God by revealing His character in their lives, for the hour of God’s judgment has come (Revelation 14:7)—to choose to join either the King of the South (godlessness, leftism, humanism, socialism, communism) or the King of the North (religious imperialism, political conservatism). Joining with the King of the North or South means to accept, embrace, and practice the methods and principles of those systems. While these two opposing philosophical and political forces may disagree on policy, goals, and vision, they share the common root that is foundational to all of Satan’s forces: imposed law with governmental enforcement and coercion.
Satan uses his various agencies on earth to advance these two false systems and pit them against each other. He leads one force to do some injustice (abuse, exploitation, whether individual or institutional) for the purpose of inciting outrage in the opposing force. Satan rejoices in those who perpetrate the evil because they unavoidably corrupt their own hearts and minds with every act of sin; more than this, Satan celebrates the impact their evil has upon the innocent.
When we see or experience evil, we are tempted with anger, resentment, fear, frustration, discouragement, doubts, and hopelessness. We don’t want things to be this way. We want to undo the harm, reverse the injury, and remove the feeling of helplessness. We want to feel safe, not vulnerable. We want things to be set right, fixed, restored; in short, we want justice.
But in our unconverted, fallen state, with earthly fears and selfishness dominating our hearts, such injustice triggers outrage that leads us to pursue “justice” via worldly methods—Satan’s methods of coercion and control. Without God’s grace, love, truth, and wisdom active in our hearts and minds, our natural sinful hearts are defenseless against the desire for retaliation, the longing to see wrongdoers punished. We crave vengeance, but we know that vengeance is wrong, so we cloak it under the guise of justice and seek our vengeance through passing the right laws and getting law enforcement to punish those whom we have concluded are the source of evil and injury.
This worldly pursuit of justice is a trap of Satan to corrupt human hearts and minds!
Satan cannot force any person to sin, rebel against God, or side with him. Thus, he must get each person to choose him, to believe his lies, to say “yes” to his methods, to embrace and practice his corrupt principles—and to reject the methods, principles, and laws of our God of love. This is how Satan imbeds himself into the hearts and minds of people and internalizes and reproduces his character within them.
Satan inspires those who are aligned with the King of the South (political left) into identifying real errors, wrongs, lies, and abuses in those who align with the King of the North (political right) and vice versa; he then deceives both groups into seeking to fix the abuses, injustices, and errors they have identified in the other side by changing the government, laws, judges, and politicians in order to force the other side to comply with their views—or punish them if they don’t. (The exact opposite of Jesus’ method of removing the error from our own minds before seeking to remove errors from someone else’s, see Matthew 7:3-5).
The problem is that both sides (North and South) are Satan’s; they both practice the exact same methods of imposed law, coercive force, and selfishness that corrupts the characters of all those who join either side and practice their methods. Because both sides engage in real injustice and have areas of error and falsehood, these opposing groups create never-ending conflict with the seductive false hope of improving society, but they always fail because the real battle is a spiritual one for hearts and minds. The only way to have a truly better society is by having God’s law written into the hearts of the people (Hebrews 8:10).
Satan’s root deception is to trick people on both sides into believing that they can win their cause by practicing his methods, that justice can be achieved with the right laws and right law enforcement. But to join either side (North or South) will ultimately cause one to leave the camp of God and become like Satan in character.
We can never win God’s cause using Satan’s methods.
The Final Movements—Where We Are Today
Understanding that this warfare between the King of the North and the King of the South is an age-long battle, we can see the final movements shaping up in society today, which will culminate in the second coming of Jesus. It is imperative that the people of God see these two opposing forces for what they are—agents of Satan—so that we can resist them and refuse to join with either side.
During the Middle and Dark Ages, the forces of the King of the North (religious imperialism) dominated Europe, inflicting all kinds of abuses and injustices upon the people. Then came the Enlightenment, which gave rise to the King of the South. Over the last two centuries, we have seen the forces of the King of the South aggressively advancing. Godlessness, evolutionism, communism, humanism, socialism, and selfish exploitive capitalism have all increased. The forces of the King of the South have taken control of most of the major powers in human society—news outlets, entertainment industry, social media platforms, public education, academia, scientific institutions, medical societies and publications, governmental agencies, banking, and big business.
During COVID, we have seen the forces of the King of the South unite in an attempt to advance their vision of a global government (The Great Reset). These godless forces have strategically and intentionally:
- Infiltrated mainstream media to create fear-inducing propaganda of threats that are impossible for the average person to define or identify and for which individuals cannot personally do anything to resolve—climate change, COVID, global financial crisis, etc.
- Constantly changed directives, rules, or mandates to address the so-called threats but which have no beneficial impact and do not improve individual lives. This increases fear, frustration, and helplessness.
- Allowed crimes that cause direct harm (murder, assault, robbery, vandalism, destruction of property, theft) to go unrestrained and returned dangerous criminals to the street. This further incites fear and helplessness.
- Used the power of the state to criminalize and punish those who do not cause direct harm to others but who are speaking out against or resisting the political narrative—including arresting people for protecting their own property from violent mobs. This further incites fear, helplessness, frustration, and hopelessness.
- Used the power of the media to knowingly and willfully create false stories intended to smear those who disagree with their agenda.
- Refused to control illegal immigration, which keeps wages suppressed and dilutes resources (charitable and governmental) designed to help the most vulnerable. This further increases the sense of fear, hopelessness, and helplessness amongst the most vulnerable in society.
- Advanced practices that contradict how reality works, such as promoting male-to-female transgender athletes competing in female athletics and taking scholarships and other awards from biological females.
- Committed to advancing policy and hiring practices based on factors other than ability, talent, experience, merit, or qualifications. These actions lead to a further sense of hopelessness—why work hard, why try, when one’s gender, race, and political connections are more important?
- Mandate actions that violate liberty and injure people, including children, under the guise of seeking to help.
The Bible predicts that this coercive push by the King of the South (godlessness) will incite the King of the North (religious imperialism) to “storm out against him” and destroy him, which is soon followed by the second coming of Christ.
I believe that we are about to see the final rise and assault of the King of the North against the forces of King of the South. I see signs of this in the following developments:
- A group of international lawyers are conducting a Grand Jury calling for the indictment for crimes against humanity of the major leaders (Bill Gates, Anthony Fauci, Pfizer leaders, etc.) behind the COVID mandates, abuses of power, and injuries to society
- The pushback against critical race theory by parents in school systems across America
- The laws banning biological male athletes from female athletic programs
- The election of a Republican governor in Virginia in 2021
- Three San Francisco school board members recalled by voters for leftist policies
- Pennsylvania school board votes to turn off mandatory CNN and play patriotic programs
- The rise in popularity of independent news, like Joe Rogan and Tim Pool
- The precipitous fall in viewership on liberal media, like CNN
- The Durham investigation exposing the leftist orchestrated Russia hoax against the Trump administration with active media collusion
- The call of retired General Michael Flynn’s vision for America, which he made in a November 2021 speech: “If we are going to have one nation under God, which we must, we have to have one religion. One nation under God and one religion under God.”
Christians are being tempted right now to align with the King of the North, and I see those forces rising in society today. But we must resist. We must recognize that Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world.” We are not to fall into the trap of believing that we can achieve justice through human governments, laws, or mandates upon others (Zechariah 4:6).
In this sinful world, the only righteous use of governmental powers is to restrain evil, not to advance righteousness. External power can only be righteously used to stop people from harming others; it can never be used to force people to love, to be kind, generous, true, loyal, and faithful. When government moves away from neutral laws that restrain harmful activities into advancing moral agendas, the government itself becomes abusive—whether the Dark Ages church, Shariah laws in Islamic countries, or the final movements of a religiously outraged people today.
The U.S. Constitution was established to provide the people with the greatest liberty possible in a sinful world by restraining those historic forces that have arisen throughout history to exploit the masses. The three primary exploitive forces the Constitution was established to restrain are: the government itself, the dominant religious power, and the aristocracy (wealthy/big business). But with liberty comes responsibility. We must realize, as John Adams, second President of the United States and co-author of the Declaration of Independence, wrote: “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
Morality cannot be legislated; the true followers of Jesus know that you cannot impose morality with laws. Morality in a society comes from the hearts and minds of people who hold to an internalized set of values based on love for others, seeing others as children of God, of doing to others as they would have done to themselves. Only those who have internalized God’s law into their heart are mature enough to handle the responsibilities that come with freedom.
This moral set of values cannot be externally imposed; they must be internally experienced on an individual basis in a love relationship with our Creator God. Only a society composed of people who possess this internal morality—love and respect for others, trust in God, and self-control to restrain themselves from harming others—can experience the greatest liberty.
But when otherwise godly people are oppressed by the constant fear-messaging, increasing immorality, and societal decay that they attribute to the godless left, they experience increasing frustration and fear that triggers their survival drives to seek a solution to save themselves, their families, and the society that they love. Satan then steps in to deceive the fear-ridden people that the only way to restore order, to make people safe, to stop the destruction of godlessness is with more government, “better” laws, and stronger authoritarian enforcement. This is the beast of Revelation, the end-time global coalition of religious imperialism advanced with the consent of the people because they are afraid, feel helpless, hopeless, and want to restore order to society.
Don’t be deceived into joining the King of the North or the King of the South—stand firm for Jesus, reveal His character by practicing His methods of truth, love, and freedom and, thereby, give Him glory—for this is the time in human history for everyone to see the difference between our Creator God of love and the imperial dictator god of Rome and throw off the imperial god and worship Him who made the heavens, earth, sea, and fountains of water!