Come and Reason Ministries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2010 and located in Collegedale, Tennessee, USA. We focus on making God's methods and principles practical, understandable, and applicable to you here and now and are dedicated to helping you learn to discern, to teach you how to think for yourself, to hone and refine your reasoning powers in order to increase your ability to know right from wrong and healthy from unhealthy.
We work with God to help bring truth, love, and healing to all who are seeking to know and understand their Creator and therefore accept the Bible as authoritative and believe, rightly understood, that Scripture and Science harmonize perfectly. To that end we actively seek to present an integrated, evidence-based understanding of Scripture, Science, and Experience for the purpose of helping you develop your full potential and to experience healing of mind, character, and relationships.
We believe that every human being is created in the image of God with their own unique identity and the capacity to think and to act and that humanity has been infected with a destructive element that undermines health and happiness, causing us to suffer from sickness and disease of both body and mind, preventing us from experiencing the fullness of physical and mental health that is within our capacity to achieve.
Our Board of Directors
Timothy R. Jennings, M.D. - President:
Obtained his M.D. degree in 1990 from the University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine in Memphis, TN. He completed psychiatric residency at Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center in Augusta, GA and has served as the Division Psychiatrist for the 24th and 3rd Infantry Divisions. He has also served as the United States Surgeon General's delegate to the American Medical Association's Resident section and as the Chief of Psychiatry at Winn Army Community Hospital at Fort Stewart, GA.
Dr. Jennings is board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is licensed to practice medicine in TN and GA. He is also board certified in adult psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, in forensic psychiatry by the American Board of Forensic Examiners and the American Board of Forensic Medicine, a Senior Disability Analyst and Diplomat by the American Board of Disability Analysts, and a Master Psychopharmacologist certified by the Neuroscience Education Institute.
Dr. Jennings is a member of the American Medical Association, American Psychiatric Association, American Board of Forensic Examiners, American Board of Forensic Medicine, American Board of Disability Analysts, American Association of Christian Counselors, Christian Medical and Dental Association and the Georgia Psychiatric Association.
Chip Liles - Treasurer:
Former Treasurer of Come And Reason Ministries. Holds a Bachelors in Business Administration - Financial Services from Southern Adventist University, Collegedale, TN. Worked as an Accountant at Collegedale Credit Union, Collegedale, TN, but is now a stay-at-home mom raising two children.
Laurie Cooper - Secretary:
Works as the Research Assistant to the Dean of the School of Social Work at Southern Adventist University, Collegedale, TN.
Christie Jennings :
Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Management and works as a practice administrator.
Dean A. Scott - Webmaster and Media Director:
Holds a Master of Fine Art in 3D Computer Art, Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA and currently works for Astec, Inc, Chattanooga, TN in the Advertising department as their senior 3D Animation and Graphic Design Illustrator. Previously was an associate professor at Southern Adventist University in the School of Visual Art and Design, Collegedale, TN, from 2000 to 2010. Owns and operates chrusion | FX, a sole-proprietorship specializing in 3D animation and graphic design.
Russell L. Atkins:
Owner / President of 101 Physical Therapy, Inc., Ooltewah, TN.
Currently works for Astec, Inc, Chattanooga, TN in technical communications. Holds an M.B.A. from the University of Dallas, a B.S. from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, and most recently a Diploma from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.
Carla Harris :
Our Statement of Faith
We believe. . .
- the Bible, as the inspired word of God, is a reliable and faithful revelation of God and His plan to heal and restore mankind from sin.
- God is love (1John 4:8). His character of love is the foundation of His government and the law of love is the principle upon which all life in the universe is designed to operate. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit exist in the plurality of perfect outward moving, other-centered giving, beneficence and love. The health and happiness of all creation is dependent upon harmony with God’s law of love.
- sin at its core is selfishness the very opposite of God’s character of love.
- sin originated with satan and mankind believed satan’s lies about God and rebelled against God and His law of love. Thus mankind became sinful/selfish and destined to die save God’s saving grace.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Jesus, Himself being fully God, is the exact representation of the Father, the member of the Godhead through whom all things were made and equal in majesty, authority and divinity with the Father (John 14:9-11, Heb 1:1-3, Col 1:16).
- Jesus humbled Himself to be born of a virgin joining His divinity with our humanity in order to reach sinful man with God’s saving love and grace.
- He was tempted in every way just like we are yet lived a perfect sinless life and freely surrendered Himself to death triumphing over evil and sin (Heb 4:15).
- Christ rose from the dead and is in heaven directing all the agencies of heaven for our eternal salvation and the final defeat of evil forces.
- every person saved is saved only through Jesus Christ and His victory for mankind.
- the Holy Spirit is Christ’s representative on earth administering all the benefits achieved by Christ to those who trust in God.
- Christ will come again, literally, visibly, with His angels to bring His people to Himself, put a final end to sin and sinners and restore this universe back into the eternal harmony of love.
- in a literal, physical new heaven and new earth the home of the righteous.
- in a literal, physical resurrection from the dead where those who died in a saving relationship with Christ along with the saved who are alive when He comes will exchange this sick, disease ridden body for a perfect, eternal body no longer subject to pain, suffering and death.
- that the time for Christ to come and redeem His saints is imminent.
- Lies believed results in broken love and trust.
- Broken love and trust results in fear and focusing on self.
- Fear and self-focus results in behaviors and actions of self-preservation.
- Self-preservation results in guilt, shame, and damage to character, mind, and body; a terminal condition.
The two antagonistic principles at war in this universe are:
- "I love you so much that I will do everything in my power to promote and help you get ahead, including die, so that YOU can live."
- "I love myself so much that I will do anything in my power to promote and help me get ahead, including kill you, so that I can live."
All downloadable materials and files on our website are freely reproducible with the following restrictions:
- Unlimited distribution and replication is allowed using only the original, unaltered, unedited files.
- Materials and files may not be sold for personal or commercial profit.
- Credit in the form of "Courtesy Come And Reason Ministries" is clearly printed on distribution media (CD label, etc.)